• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to set up / connect to RDC Dial Up Host

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set up / connect to RDC Dial Up Host

I'm trying to setup a PC (XP PRO SP1) so that I can dial into it, RDC is what I have to use.

On the server side I have enabled RDC server

When I dial into the machine from my lappy (using the XP dial up wizardy thing), I connect OK then timeout.
    I can't see how to configure RDC client to connect using dial-up

Where am I going wrong

MG in PC's are for playing Far Cry on ,mode.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Originally posted by MrsGoof
    I'm trying to setup a PC (XP PRO SP1) so that I can dial into it, RDC is what I have to use.

On the server side I have enabled RDC server

When I dial into the machine from my lappy (using the XP dial up wizardy thing), I connect OK then timeout.
    I can't see how to configure RDC client to connect using dial-up

Where am I going wrong

MG in PC's are for playing Far Cry on ,mode.
    Have you configured the user accounts that can dial in?

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
      Have you configured the user accounts that can dial in?
      yep

what are the sequence of events on the client side, I think I'm doing something wrong
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
        yep

what are the sequence of events on the client side, I think I'm doing something wrong

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art.../wxprmdtp.html

Comment

Do you have some kind of RRAS set up at the server end?

Comment

I've configured RDC client as per link but it seems to want to use the LAN despite setting 56k modem on the experience tab.

I'm sure I'm missing step.

thanks so far for the help

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
              Do you have some kind of RRAS set up at the server end?
              nope

Initially I had Carbon Copy configured but I killed that off.

Comment

Working...
              X