• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Do People Take Out Life Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Do People Take Out Life Insurance

As if you're going to care when you're dead....

Originally posted by Ardesco
    As if you're going to care when you're dead....

bnecause thjere stupid and scared of life.

Comment

I've got it - just to pay of the house.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        bnecause thjere stupid and scared of life.
        . . . or because they have family and/or dependants who need to be provided for?
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Just remember you will become worth a lot more dead than alive.

If you need a minder call me
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Yup, wouldn't care when dead but while alive I would worry about the kids and Mrs being thrown out of the house if I did snuff it... Therefore I have life insurance.

Comment

it's a bet you are guaranteed to win
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                Just remember you will become worth a lot more dead than alive.

If you need a minder call me
                I found another life policy at home that I didn't realize I had - was a little worried until I saw that I'd taken it out rather than the Mrs.

I refuse to tell her how much she gets if I die - it's scary stuff! Particularly when I compare it to how much I would get if she died...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Strictly speaking it is life assurance... working on the principle that since we all die eventually you can't insure against it...
                  Ture in the case of a whole life policy.

A lot opt for life insurance in the form of term insurance. A straight bet in "am I going to die before X date".

Some will opt for a combined term insurance and savings vehicle, often represents poor value.

Comment

there is no such thing as "life insurance", it's life assurance... honestly.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X