• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre Interview Test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Interview Test

A friend of mine has been asked to complete the following pre-phone interview test.
    FFS you wouldn't ask a bloke to come round to fix your car stereo then make before he starts make him rewire your great grandfathers gramophone just to make sure he was suitable....

would you do it? I told him to tell them to fek orf

Please write a small application that can calculate the difference in days between two dates.

The application should meet the following requirements:

• It should be written in C# and .NET
    • The code must not use the DateTime or other date functionality provided within the .NET library, this is a test of coding, not of knowledge of the .NET FCL
    • The code can be as complex or as simple as you think is needed to meet the requirements.
    • The code must be able to be compiled, run and tested.
    • The code should be supplied in a Zip file

The following should be considered valid test data:
    • From and including: Saturday, 1 January 2000, to and including: Monday, 31 December 2007
    = 2922 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
    • From and including: Saturday, 1 January 2000, to but NOT including: Monday, 31 December 2001
    = 730 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
    • From and including: Monday, 1 January 1900, to and including: Friday, 31 December 1999
    = 36,524 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
    • From and including: Thursday, 1 February 1900, to and including: Thursday, 1 March 1900
    = 29 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
    • From and including: Monday, 1 February 1904 to and including: Tuesday, 1 March 1904
    = 30 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Depends on how much he wants the gig I guess. For a top-whack, five minutes from home job I might do it. Bouyant market, jobs up the ying-yang, confident I will get another with no hassle I might send them something that prints "FOAD" to screen ad-finitum until the machine freezes and dies...

Comment

My ex was asked to jump through similar hoops for Tesco a few years ago.

She went for a job in their buying department.

Well qualified for the job etc.

Prior to the interview, she was asked to put together (with research) a strategy for selling a new line of products they wanted to move into (think it was car products).

She told them to FOAD.

Comment

the above is for a 3 month gig, pre phone interview test, phone interview then face to face.
        whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Tell them to ram it.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Yeah, poke it guys...

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
              Yeah, poke it guys...
              God I am disappointed, the quality of religious nut has definitely gone down on this board, it's embarrassing. Maybe we should outsource?
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                God I am disappointed, the quality of religious nut has definitely gone down on this board, it's embarrassing. Maybe we should outsource?

Yeah, but remember...God loves you...

Comment

Jesus Saves,

But Pele Scores on the rebound!!!!!!!!!

IGMC
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                    Jesus Saves,

But Pele Scores on the rebound!!!!!!!!!

IGMC

Jesus saves????? Piggy bank raid time....

Comment

Working...
                    X