• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taxpayers paying for a giant mosque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxpayers paying for a giant mosque

Just to make you all aware of this...I don't know how each of you will feel
    about this but if you don't think it is a good idea it is very easy to cast
    a vote on the link at the bottom of the page to say so.

Deadline to sign the government petition is 18th July!

Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated £100M in the docklands.
    Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved
    transport facilities. anything but such a scheme as this: The mosque will
    be BIGGER THAN ST PAUL'S!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big so that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will see it
    as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St Pauls, Westminster
    Abbey or Wembley Stadium.

The vote so far is 56 % in favour. It looks like the Muslim community in
    the UK is casting its vote in droves, and as so often happens the rest of us are burying heads in the sand...It is an undemocratic use of British Tax payers money. Our Churches that are 100's of years old get no government funding to keep their structures standing,and we are supposedly a Christian Nation.

To vote to 'Scrap the 'Mega-Mosque', please sign the official Government
    petition in the link below.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Most definetly signed!!!

Comment

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I do not agree with the wording of the petition, so I will not sign.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Loony Ken strikes again. That man is a clown....

Comment

I cant find any mention of this on the Web...apart from in forums and bulletin boards. I wonder where the petitioner heard about it.

Comment

Signed up in full

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
              Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I do not agree with the wording of the petition, so I will not sign.
              I agree. Sounds like some looney Christians to me.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Already done here

Comment

Maybe it's a plan to get them all in one building and then weld the doors shut.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                    To vote to 'Scrap the 'Mega-Mosque', please sign the official Government petition in the link below
                    What's the point? Do you really think it will make a difference? Ken will just say "Express your opinion at the next election", whether it be national or local.

Comment

Working...
                    X