• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Card benefits schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card benefits schemes

I currently have an Amex Platinum card that I have because of the airport lounge access and family travel insurance.

Then I have an Amex Blue card that I get cashback. I use this card to put all my travel expenses on (normally £400 per week) and at the end of the year Amex give me some cash back. It used to be 1% but last year it was only about 0.5% I think.

So just wondering what other options there are. Eiether good cash back offers or worth while gifts?

I used to have an Amex Centurion - that gets you pretty much anything you want (oral, an*l, etc, etc) - I found this incredibly useful when travelling alone.

HTH
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
      I used to have an Amex Centurion - that gets you pretty much anything you want (oral, an*l, etc, etc) - I found this incredibly useful when travelling alone.

HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities

HTH
        Ooo, aren't we the big spender...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I can only run to the low rent version. The Legionnaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
            Ooo, aren't we the big spender...
            No mate - just used to have a lot of expenses. That's all.
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by oxtailsoup
              I currently have an Amex Platinum card that I have because of the airport lounge access and family travel insurance.

Then I have an Amex Blue card that I get cashback. I use this card to put all my travel expenses on (normally £400 per week) and at the end of the year Amex give me some cash back. It used to be 1% but last year it was only about 0.5% I think.

So just wondering what other options there are. Eiether good cash back offers or worth while gifts?
              If you have Sky TV then get yourself a Sky Card. I have one and like you used to put my monthly travel which was about £1000. I now put everything on there as i can pay it off each month and so don't get charge any interest on it. You also get a point for every £ which can then be used against products on sky. E.G Box Office Film is 300 points, £5 off your bill is 500 points. You can do loads go on the website for a full list. I'm now putting the cost of my wedding on there so have a few thousand points to use.
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

I use the Tesco credit card, which gives cashback as vouchers. Save the vouchers and use them for Tesco Deals, which are worth four times the face value.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X