• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

20/20

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20/20

Went to the match last night at the Oval. Best evening's entertainment I've had for quite a while. OK England lost, but over 400 runs were scored in 40 overs. Collymore was awesome - 80 runs in 40 balls. Marlon Samuels hit the ball out of the ground over the longest boundary - heard some Surrey members saying they'd never seen anyone do that before. Complete carnage...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

I was watched some of it - good game, another tonight.

I'm off to the Surrey/Kent 20/20 next week, should be good if Doshi can get fired up again.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I don't know what 20/20 means in this context, but I do remember a vicious alcoholic "fruit" beverage called MD 20/20 from my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane
        I don't know what 20/20 means in this context, but I do remember a vicious alcoholic "fruit" beverage called MD 20/20 from my youth.
        Oh Dear.

Twenty over cricket matches - designed to appeal to today's, attention deficit disorder prevalent, youth.

It's quite exciting for old folks too.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Next up for me is the one-dayer between England and India at Edgbaston. If it's even half as good as last night, it'll be an excellent day out.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
            Next up for me is the one-dayer between England and India at Edgbaston. If it's even half as good as last night, it'll be an excellent day out.
            Hope you enjoy it. I'm a member at Edgbaston and passed on the 2 ODIs there this year. Our new CE has jacked the prices for members so we're now having to pay the same as the casual punters. I figured that given England’s general incompetence at one-day cricket and the quality of the opposition – inconsistent Windies and a declining Indian side I’d do better to save my money. I think the India game may be the better one but 50 over games these days are I find the most formulaic and least interesting form of the game. I’ll take test cricket and 20/20 over 50 over any day.

20/20’s have been good at Edgbaston this year though. Plenty of runs and tight finishes in all 3 on very good batting wickets despite the weather. Of course we were subject to the usual ECB administrative f***wittery this week when the away game at Worcester was cancelled due to New Rd flooding and they refused to allow the game to be switched to Edgbaston. Causing Worcestershire to lose £60k and 5000 ticket holders without a game. Still they stuck to the rules so that’s OK then.

Comment

Working...
            X