• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Predictions for changes once Brown has settled in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictions for changes once Brown has settled in

So now we have Stalin Brown as president of the UK.

What is going to change?

Will it be New Labour continues in the style of Blair, or are we going to see a very left wing shift in approach?

I predict some (more) hugely unpopular tax hikes for middle to upper earners on the basis of "fairness"

BTL will be effectively taxed out of existence.

Immigration will be relaxed and population will boom.

The greenbelts will be built over with nasty concrete Soviet style "affordable" housing at an incredible pace.

Cars will be fitted with tracking devices and only the super rich will travel.

Our ties to the US weakened.

Join the Euro without any referendum.

ID cards rushed through without a referendum.

dividends will be taxed -ir35 part 2

Comment

He will finally tax fresh air, as breathing too much will increase your carbon footprint.
      Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

none of the above because the conservatives will win the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
          none of the above because the conservatives will win the next election.
          That nice Mr Cameron who stands for something or other I forget the details but it all sounds very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            dividends will be taxed -ir35 part 2
            except for large Labour donating corporations
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

That would all have happened under Blair.. Are you saying it'll be somehow WORSE under Brown?! Or better under Cameron?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                That nice Mr Cameron who stands for something or other I forget the details but it all sounds very exciting.
                So we have Brown who stands for very hardline left wing communism, tax and spend, which is preferable to Cameron who stands for family values, green issues and individual freedoms.

Tough choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  So we have Brown who stands for very hardline left wing communism, tax and spend, which is preferable to Cameron who stands for family values, green issues and individual freedoms.

Tough choice.

Hard line left wing communism? He's looking to nationalise all private enterprise, confiscate all private property and abolish other political parties an elections is he?

I see it as a choice between:

GB - incompetent who was complicit in a war crime
                  DC - PR ****** who only stands for getting into power

I'll soil my ballot paper as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                    Hard line left wing communism? He's looking to nationalise all private enterprise, confiscate all private property and abolish other political parties an elections is he?

Pretty much. You watch and see.

Comment

Working...
                    X