• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Shocking Evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Shocking Evening

Two of my friends - both male, both married with kids - shocked all and sundry at a get-together this evening when they started talking about the Gay Pride march in London today. Then, when it was time for one of them to leave, I was stunned to see them give each other a peck on the cheek. Oh my God.

How the hell do I handle this?

With great dellicacy I should advise.
    A few years ago I had a receptionist working for me (male) My wife and one of the other women came up with the brilliant Idea of a staff holliday in Majorca.
    We left a skeleton staff behind and over twenty of us set off, wives and kids included.
    Receptionist turned up boyfriend in tow! Shock, Horror.

It was one of the best hols I have ever had. I have never Laughed so much in all my life.
    He (the receptionist) even knocked our door one night and asked my wife if he could borrow her black evening dress as he and his boyfriend were going out clubbing. I was rolling around on the floor with a pillow stuffed over my face to quiet the screams of laughter at the look on her face.

We were all sat in the hotel lounge one night having a drink. except for Receptionist and boyfriend who had gone for a stroll on the beach.
    Apparently while walking they had been approached by a group of rent boys touting for business.
    Our Receptionist ran back, screaming into the hotel lounge, shouting. "Don't go onto the beach at night, it's full of fecking queers".
    I had a mouthfull of drink up until that point, everybody across the table got it then
    The rest of the holiday was the same, uncontrollable laughter throughout.
    One thing I learned though, their life their business.

I.e. it never happened.

Ps. This guy had worked for us for months. I thought he was just a bit effeminate. creeped me out a bit, but the guy? turned out to be a good worker and a good Laugh.
    Last edited by Diver; 30 June 2007, 23:44.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956
      Two of my friends - both male, both married with kids - shocked all and sundry at a get-together this evening when they started talking about the Gay Pride march in London today. Then, when it was time for one of them to leave, I was stunned to see them give each other a peck on the cheek. Oh my God.

Offer them a BJ each?

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
        Offer them a BJ each?
        Not a friend of Moose423956 by any chance are you?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Comment

Treat them the same as you always do.

Comment

You don't have to 'handle' anything*. It's 99% their problem and less than 1% yours.

* that wasn't actually meant to be an innuendo.

Comment

Go and kill them for being different. Say its gods word and get a lighter sentance.

Comment

But God loves everyone, right ?

Comment

Originally posted by The AntiChrist
                    But God loves everyone, right ?
                    No. He only likes you if you are white and middle class.

Comment

Working...
                    X