• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bishop says pro-gay laws to blame for the floods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bishop says pro-gay laws to blame for the floods

The summer floods are God's judgment on the immorality and greed of modern society, claim senior Church of England bishops.

One, the Bishop of Carlisle, even said that the introduction of pro-gay laws had provoked God to send the storms that have left thousands homeless.

The bishops argued that while those affected are innocent victims, the flooding was a result of western civilisation's decision to ignore biblical teaching. The Rt Rev Graham Dow, said that the floods were not only a result of a lack of respect for the planet, but also a judgment for decadence.

"This is a strong and definite judgment because the world has been arrogant in going its own way," he said. "We are reaping the consequences of our moral degradation, as well as the environmental damage that we have caused."

The Bishop of Liverpool, the Rt Rev James Jones, previously seen as a future Archbishop of Canterbury or York, said: "People no longer see natural disasters as an act of God. However, we are now reaping what we have sown. If we live in a profligate way then there are going to be consequences." God is exposing us to the truth of what we have done."
    You have been warned, now repent your sins
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

And all this time I thought it was summin to do wiv the weather.

Well I never! you learn something new every day, don't you?

Fecked up my insurance though.

Not covered for acts of god!
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Oh dear.

Comment

And cuts in flood defences have nothing to do with it either. Times
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
          And cuts in flood defences have nothing to do with it either. Times
          That's all God's work as well (or maybe Satan's - I get the two muddled up sometimes).

Comment

I thought all senior Church of England bishops were gay these days.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Good good, keep coming out with insane bullcr4p please religous 'leaders'. I sense a long overdue growing anti-religion feeling amongst the population. About bl00dy time.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes
                Good good, keep coming out with insane bullcr4p please religous 'leaders'. I sense a long overdue growing anti-religion feeling amongst the population. About bl00dy time.

What did I miss?

Just got back from giving the creationists some stick. locked their site to all non members now.
                I didn't even take the P1ss. just used logical argument and scientific fact.
                Some people are very intolerant.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
                  What did I miss?

Just got back from giving the creationists some stick. locked their site to all non members now.
                  I didn't even take the P1ss. just used logical argument and scientific fact.
                  Some people are very intolerant.
                  Yes - I've just stromed off from an evangelical end-times site threatening to convert to Islam. The f*ckers kept deleting my posts pointing out American war crimes in Iraq. There are some real weirdos out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
                    Yes - I've just stromed off from an evangelical end-times site threatening to convert to Islam. The f*ckers kept deleting my posts pointing out American war crimes in Iraq. There are some real weirdos out there.
                    You've got more will power than I. Such idiots depress the hell out of me.

Comment

Working...
                    X