• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Fopp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Fopp

This is much, much worse than losing Benji's

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6258910.stm

I'd never even heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
      This is much, much worse than losing Benji's

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6258910.stm
      Weird thing it was because they basically inherited liabilities from that other company and not their core business.

Real shame, fantastic breadth of choice with proper mujsic geeks working in them

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
        Weird thing it was because they basically inherited liabilities from that other company and not their core business.

Real shame, fantastic breadth of choice with proper mujsic geeks working in them
        In which case, it's the MD's fault for buying the ex-Music Zone stores - should have stuck with what he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
          In which case, it's the MD's fault for buying the ex-Music Zone stores - should have stuck with what he had.
          Yep, very bad business decision.

Oh pity the poor mujsic geeks (I need to install an english speel chucker )

Comment

It's alive!!! Just heard that it's been purchased out of administration by another high-street chain and that it will be allowed to operate as before with same staff etc. Can't be more specific as I don't know how public this info is...
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Nothing could be worse than losing Benjy's! No peanut butter toast or cereal in the mornings! No Polish girls off Harry & Paul!
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Tell that to my mate who worked in the wharehouse and was not paid for the final month. I am sure he will be jumping up and down at the prospect of going back to work for them

I could say more about how farked up the company was and why they took such a steep fall from being a good, profitable company to being stuffed but that would be naughty.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse
                  Nothing could be worse than losing Benjy's! No peanut butter toast or cereal in the mornings! No Polish girls off Harry & Paul!
                  Funny

Comment

HMV saves the day!

well, 6 of them.

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2256542

Comment

Working...
                    X