• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

c# Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c# Training

anyone recommend c# training courses that
    are run on the weekends or evenings which are based in london?

I've seen this one here but a mate I know said it's a poor quality training and not worth the money.

Originally posted by Bright Spark
    anyone recommend c# training courses that
    are run on the weekends or evenings which are based in london?

I've seen this one here but a mate I know said it's a poor quality training and not worth the money.

If you give me 100 bucks I will save you hundreds on courses.

Comment

Having just converted this prog prog to VB.net I would suggest that the main things about a training course is if it gives you that certificate or not. There are so many complications I doubt any of them would remotely equip you to do it.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In my Experience. Training courses are a load of bollox.
        God knows I've been reluctantly sent on dozens, I got a certificate at the end of it, but still didn't know jack about whatever I wnet on.

The best possible training courses can be found here. www.codeproject.com
        download a project go through the code, understand the code, rewrite the code your own way. It's the only way to learn. Thats how I have done it for years.
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Best training is (assuming you have no idea about the subject) to follow these steps:

1. Buy some Teach yourself XYZ in 21 days book

This will give you a tutorial on the basics. Gives you breadth of the subject but no depth.

2. www.codeproject.com or similar

Download lots of top rated projects and understand.

3. Got stuck?, goto forums such http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/m...oard/home.aspx or http://www.experts-exchange.com/

That's all anyone needs to learn C# and .NET

Comment

Thanks for the links guys, I'm opting for the learn it in 21 days and
            bit of CBT, i came across this site which is has videos on how to use
            the visual studio tools.

Comment

Working...
            X