• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordo forms panel of business gurus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordo forms panel of business gurus

"Disclosures obtained by a national broadsheet claim Sir Alan Sugar, Amstrad chairman and star of BBC1’s The Apprentice, will head the newly formed Business Council for Britain."

Jesus, talk about the Wrong Stuff. They may as well put Sayed Ahmed and Katie Hopkins on the panel.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
    "Disclosures obtained by a national broadsheet claim Sir Alan Sugar, Amstrad chairman and star of BBC1’s The Apprentice, will head the newly formed Business Council for Britain."

Jesus, talk about the Wrong Stuff. They may as well put Sayed Ahmed and Katie Hopkins on the panel.
    I'd put in the woman on Yahoo Answers that Sockpuppet's discovered.

Comment

You may not like Sugar but there is a brutal straightforward honesty about how he looks at business. Brown could easily have picked some corporate brownnoser with a silver spoon education. Give me a self made man like Sugar any day.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Most of these guys have got where they are by being ruthless.
        They play hard ball and most have taken no prisoners when it comes to competition.
        What makes Gordo think they will not use this opportunity to that end?

Possibility: Maybe Gordo know which way the wind blows and is lining himself up for a coupel of cushy directorships post PM.
        Possibly he i sjust looking for someone who can bay him a decent lunch or will get him access to places his title wont.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

maybe sugar will finally sell his wierd email telephone combos to government

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            You may not like Sugar but there is a brutal straightforward honesty about how he looks at business. Brown could easily have picked some corporate brownnoser with a silver spoon education. Give me a self made man like Sugar any day.
            ...who sold naff hi-fi in the '80s and computers to the education sector which are apparently unreliable. Hmmm.

Self-made is fine: What about Richard Branson? Now there's someone who is not just thinking "Flog it for cost + x% or you're fired".
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

The fact he is a strong Labour supporter and even appeared in a campaign video the previous election has nothing at all to do with?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
                ...who sold naff hi-fi in the '80s and computers to the education sector which are apparently unreliable. Hmmm.

Self-made is fine: What about Richard Branson? Now there's someone who is not just thinking "Flog it for cost + x% or you're fired".
                Dixons sold them and they went wrong yet these people still made money!!
                Had they got some Etonian city slicker with a silver spoon in his mouth you would have been happier?

As for the cynics amongst you, you are absolutely right. No one is doing this for altruistic purposes, and nor would anyone else.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sugar is a dinosaur who makes most of his money through investments, not production. His abrasive style of management (note the word management, he's certainly no leader) gives the wrong message about how to be an effective boss. He is a thoroughly unlikeable character. Yet, if his approach results in making money and screwing others, and you think that is the be all and end all of it, far from me to criticise.

Richard Branson and Digby Jones are the types of people modern managers should aspire to.

Comment

Amstrad enjoyed 25% share of European home computer market at one point. They then threw it away by not investing in R&D. Great example shown there by Sir Alan Sugar...
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
                    X