• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this make me look stupid..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this make me look stupid..

Had an interview few hrs ago, role advertised was Apps DBA which is what I do, but from the interview all questions where based on Core DBA skills which is not my strength. At this stage I suggested we abort the interview so as not to waste anybody's time.

Am I wrong in doing this?
    Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

yes , next

Comment

Originally posted by oloks
      Had an interview few hrs ago, role advertised was Apps DBA which is what I do, but from the interview all questions where based on Core DBA skills which is not my strength. At this stage I suggested we abort the interview so as not to waste anybody's time.

They will be very impressed!

Comment

good work.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
          good work.
          Praise from an expert
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Ok - you've had your abuse.

Try steering the conversation to say something like:
            I understood that the contract required x skills, and I'd be happy to give you examples of my skills and what I've achieved using these skills. If there's been a misunderstanding and you are actually looking for y skills, then I doubt that I'll be able to help you because I don't have the necessary skills in that area. But I'd be very happy to go through my x skills in case you do have a requirement either now or in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg

I understood that the contract required x skills, and I'd be happy to give you examples of my skills and what I've achieved using these skills. If there's been a misunderstanding and you are actually looking for y skills, then I doubt that I'll be able to help you because I don't have the necessary skills in that area. But I'd be very happy to go through my x skills in case you do have a requirement either now or in the future.
              At last, someone with some commercial sense.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg

Thanks for your professional comment..
                Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life

Comment

If you've taken the time off to attend an interview, it makes commercial sense to see it through, because they might have another role, which is suitable for you. Ending the interview means you definitely did waste your time, because you ruled yourself out not just this particular role but any other role they may have in the future.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks for your professional comment..
                    No probs - next time the rota will probably have me on abuse detail, but someone else will be able to help.

Comment

Working...
                    X