• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On Topic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Topic?

I have noticed of late that thread headings here rarely relate to the actual content of a thread for more than a few posts.

Sometimes threads drift on and off topic, but now it seems they can veer for nautical miles.

For example, if I am tempted to peruse a thread, I may find an engaging opening post. However, after a few posts, we seem to be distracted into 'forum banter', generally involving the doings of Sally Anne or some such cant, that only serves to reinforce the smug, faux-familiarity that some board members feel they must express at every opportunity.

There is no limit on the number of threads on here AFAIK, so why not stay ON TOPIC, and if you can't manage that, just go off and start another thread, with an unambiguous topic title, that others can ignore?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman
    ....... generally involving the doings of Sally Anne or some such cant........
    SallyAnne is a cant?

Oh boy, you're in trouble now.

Comment

the doings of Sally Anne
      When do threads drift into this subject?!!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        When do threads drift into this subject?!!

Usually when we start talking about your tits.

wait.....

This is one of those times hes talking about...isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          Usually when we start talking about your tits.

wait.....

This is one of those times hes talking about...isn't it.
          Yup!

Er! Um! Uhm! sorry where were we?

Drifted off there for a minute

Oh yeh! Sal's nubile young
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

There is no limit on the number of threads on here AFAIK, so why not stay ON TOPIC, and if you can't manage that, just go off and start another thread, with an unambiguous topic title, that others can ignore?

Well I don't know about you, but my favourite cheese has to be extra mature cheddar.

Comment

bogeyman! How the devil are you?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                bogeyman! How the devil are you?
                Off topic, he will be cross
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Who will be cross about what?

Topic's? I prefer a double decker myself (or a packet of 'em!)

Comment

Did you know....That in the UK that they have installed weigh points underneath A & M class roads to record the axle weight of vehicles as they pass over. This is then linked to automatic vehicle plate recognition cameras to prosecute over loaded lorries
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X