• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheffield United tribunal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheffield United tribunal

Sheffield United find out the result of their tribunal today, regarding the West Ham / Tevez affair.

Let's hope the tribunal recommends Sheff. Utd. have points docked in the Championship as a punishment for whinging.

I lost all sympathy for them when they commenced legal proceedings immediately after being relegated.

Crikey, I'm a Palace fan, if I whinged every time we were relegated...

Get on with trying to get promoted Sheff. Utd...the proper way.

Other teams have had points deducted for similar doins. Why should West Ham get away with it. They will make a small fortune by staying up. How about deducting points and relegating them. Leaving Sheffield where they are for being losers and promoting the losing play off team from the championship.

These things have to be properly dealt with.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Yep, it's not whinging, it's looking for some consistency (and therefore justice).

Comment

Better still ban West Ham from football. Should do it

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          Other teams have had points deducted for similar doins. Why should West Ham get away with it. They will make a small fortune by staying up. How about deducting points and relegating them. Leaving Sheffield where they are for being losers and promoting the losing play off team from the championship.

These things have to be properly dealt with.
          IIRC, Alan Sugar appealed against a point deduction and won, on the grounds that the people that had committed the offence had left the club and it wasn't his fault. That's the same defence that West Ham would use.

Premier League will dock WH 2 points, and that will be the end of the matter.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by pisces
            Better still ban West Ham from football. Should do it
            Gets my vote.

Send them off to the Conference South, that should do it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              Yep, it's not whinging, it's looking for some consistency (and therefore justice).
              okay, fair point, and LG too.

i guess I'm just used to unfairness and inconsistency in these matters (from refereeing decisions on the micro scale to the FA and Premier League on the macro)....and seeing the victims having to live with it.

I guess it just annoys me that Sheff. Utd. are not accepting their fate like everyone else has had to do. Plus I still think it stinks of sour grapes that they only mounted this challenge after relegation.

Will be interesting to see the verdict.

Comment

There was no point in fighting it before relegation!

Problem with it taking so long is that if there was to be a new tribunal, there isn't time to get it (and the appeals) in before the start of the new season. Therefore, I would think that the obvious outcome is either that there was nothing wrong with the system, or that Sheff U are entitled to compensation but still get relegated.

I see West Ham have brought out a DVD of how they managed to escape relegation this season. I hope that they go down, even more so now that they're flogging this dross for £16

How they've padded out coverage of the tribunal to last 195 minutes beats me.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

If it was such an infringement that it was liable for a hefty fine, how come there was no points deduction? The lower leagues are littered with clubs who have been harshly punished for more minor infringements. Add to that Middlesboro were effectively relegated a few years ago for not fulfilling a fixture due to a virus striking down the squad. There is no point having rules if they don't apply to all.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    If it was such an infringement that it was liable for a hefty fine, how come there was no points deduction? The lower leagues are littered with clubs who have been harshly punished for more minor infringements. Add to that Middlesboro were effectively relegated a few years ago for not fulfilling a fixture due to a virus striking down the squad. There is no point having rules if they don't apply to all.
                    Exactly - the Boro one was even worse, since we were docked points and made to replay the match, which we lost. So the best possible result was a 0 point reduction, the worst was effectively a 6 point deduction, resulting in relegation.

Can't see that the Premier League will be any more consistent than HMRC, though!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X