• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terror Attacks - Glasgow vs USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terror Attacks - Glasgow vs USA

Shamlessly ripped from the register comments section, however I found it hilarious and though I would paste it here

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07...ured/comments/
    If this had happened in a US airport, compared to Glasgow

America: "Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about, i just ran for my life. I thought i was gonna die, he got so close to me"

Glasgow: "***** wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

America: "I just wanna get home, away from here. I just wanna get home, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "Here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a ******' plane!"

America: " there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was happening thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "**** this fir a kerry oan, moan we ll get a pint in"

America: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life"

Glasgow: "a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America: "there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that"

America: "I'm too traumatized even to speak, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........john smeaton (these are real)

John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news. The interviewer asked

"What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied "This is Glasgow we'll just set about you"

John did an interview on cnn and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said "me and other folk were just tryin 2 get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" !

Originally posted by Ardesco
    Shamlessly ripped from the register comments section, however I found it hilarious and though I would paste it here

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07...ured/comments/
    If this had happened in a US airport, compared to Glasgow

America: "Oh my God! There was a man on fire, he was running about, i just ran for my life. I thought i was gonna die, he got so close to me"

Glasgow: "***** wis running aboot on fire, so a ran up n gave him a good boot, then decked him"

America: "I just wanna get home, away from here. I just wanna get home, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "Here shug, am no leaving here till am oan a ******' plane!"

America: " there was pandemonium, people were running in all directions, we didn't know what was happening thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "**** this fir a kerry oan, moan we ll get a pint in"

America: "We thought he was gonna blow us all up he had a gas canister, and was trying to get into his trunk, I thought we were gonna die, I just ran for my life"

Glasgow: "a swaggered by the motor that wis on fire, and the dafty couldnae even open his boot, he wis in fire annaw so a ran up n gave him a good boot to the baws"

America: "there was this huge explosion, it sounded like war, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow: "There wis a bang, yi know when yi throw BO basher intae a fire it wis like that"

America: "I'm too traumatized even to speak, I thought i was gonna die"

Glasgow "here mate, gies 2 minutes till a phone ma auld dear, if am gonna be oan the telly a want her tae tape it"

& finally, two quotes from an eye-witness.........john smeaton (these are real)

John just surpassed himself on the National ITV news. The interviewer asked

"What message do you have for the bombers" - he replied "This is Glasgow we'll just set about you"

John did an interview on cnn and they asked how he restrained the guy and he said "me and other folk were just tryin 2 get the boot in and some other guy banjoed him" !
    Awww, I was hoping this was going to be a thread about a Glasgow vs USA terrorism competition. I know who'd win.

Comment

It looks like glasgow terrorists were harder than the american ones as they didn't kill themselves instantly. They decided the best way to commit suicide would be to burn alive !!!!! Hardcore till the end
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

buy the man a pint

http://www.johnsmeaton.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts
          buy the man a pint

http://www.johnsmeaton.com/
          Fantatsic... I'll buy him 2... but after that I'm starting a tab.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Quote from johnsmeaton.com

Jeep Cherokee, 30K
            few litres of fuel, £8.

getting the cnt kicked out of ye whilst failing to make any significant impact - priceless.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Comment

Troll already tried the thread domination thing this morning
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
                  Troll already tried the thread domination thing this morning

Attempt abandoned due to spoilsport.....

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                    Attempt abandoned due to spoilsport.....
                    Are you sure this is not another sneaky try
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X