• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What salary makes it better to be Permie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What salary makes it better to be Permie?

I used to be a contractor pre-IR35 and then worked abroad (no I wasn't in prison ). Now I am in London and earning a pretty good basic salary.
    (Under the current Tax laws I think that my net income would only go up by 12k if I take a 500/day contract.)

So the question is, What salary do all of you guys feel would make it worth staying permie for?

Originally posted by VJTheDJ
    I used to be a contractor pre-IR35 and then worked abroad (no I wasn't in prison ). Now I am in London and earning a pretty good basic salary.
    (Under the current Tax laws I think that my net income would only go up by 12k if I take a 500/day contract.)

So the question is, What salary do all of you guys feel would make it worth staying permie for?
    Twice my contractor rate

Comment

Originally posted by Kyajae
      Twice my contractor rate

Comment

the permie salary doesn't exist.

Comment

Weel you must be on well over 100k per year. I'd sit tight if I were you
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

None... now go wash your mouth out!
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

1.5 times average turnover, plus long holidays. It's more the holiday than the money though, to be honest.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

id takem, 60k + bonus + 4 weeks holiday

theres no way id get that answering the phones.

Comment

Sounds reasonable

I think I should stay perm until I have enough management exp. to get one of those elusive £700/day roles.
                  Last edited by VJTheDJ; 3 July 2007, 16:59. Reason: premature...

Comment

permie
                    Disgusting
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X