• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security alert closes Heathrow T4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security alert closes Heathrow T4

Every year when I am due to go to Cyprus there is a security alert.

Thousands of travellers have suffered a stressful day with a series of security alerts causing disruption across the transport network.

Heathrow Airport's Terminal Four was evacuated after police received reports of a suspect package.

Officials at the airport confirmed a suspect bag had been found and said all passengers were being searched.

Passenger are now being let back into Terminal Four but delays and disruption to their journeys are inevitable.

A BAA spokeswoman said: "A suspect bag was identified shortly before midday in Terminal 4.

"As an extra precaution, it was decided to perform secondary searches on all departing passengers at the aircraft gate."

She continued: "In order to facilitate the secondary search process, a decision was made by the police to partially evacuate the departure lounge and re-screen the passengers.

"This process will cause delays to some flights departing from Terminal 4.

"Contingency plans have now been activated to ensure that we are able to effectively manage the increase in resource that this secondary search requires."

The UK's security threat level has been set at "critical" since two car bombs were found in central London on Friday and members of a suspected al-Qaeda cell attacked an airport in Scotland on Saturday.

Earlier, a controlled explosion was carried out on suspicious objects in Hammersmith, west London, bringing chaos to Tube and bus services in the area.

Many made roads in west London were gridlocked throught the morning rush hour.

Officers were also called to investigate a suspicious vehicle in the city's financial district which led to the temporary closure of the Circle Line on the London Underground.

Elsewhere, police carried out a controlled explosion on a car at a Mosque in Glasgow. They confirmed that the vehicle is linked to the UK-wide bomb plot investigation which has now stretched as far as Australia.

Police stressed the car had not contained explosives and had been destroyed as a precaution.

Police have banned cars and other vehicles from directly approaching airports in the UK and security measures have been stepped up across the country.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_71100f...29254de73.html

It is a shame that they dont close it whilst you are in Cyprus
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

23:00

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
        23:00
        Troll already tried the thread domination thing this morning
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
          Troll already tried the thread domination thing this morning

Hahahahaha...I always get caught...

Comment