• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Property question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property question

I believe we might have some proper contractor on this board, property question for you. I am currently trying to buy a top floor apartment in a beach resort in Egypt off plans. The agent has just asked me if I want to pay 10K extra to have the 80 sq.mt. roof terrace. Normally the roof terrace is included or there isn’t any, never been asked to pay separately. Not sure what I’ll be getting for the 10K other than access, could pick up a ladder locally for less!

Anyone pay separately before?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Are you mad? Global property crash is just around the corner. And, Egypt? A hotbed of extremists.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked
      I believe we might have some proper contractor on this board, property question for you. I am currently trying to buy a top floor apartment in a beach resort in Egypt off plans. The agent has just asked me if I want to pay 10K extra to have the 80 sq.mt. roof terrace. Normally the roof terrace is included or there isn’t any, never been asked to pay separately. Not sure what I’ll be getting for the 10K other than access, could pick up a ladder locally for less!

If you're buying off plan, isn't it on the plans what you're getting?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Not on the southern part of the red sea coast perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
          Are you mad? Global property crash is just around the corner. And, Egypt? A hotbed of extremists.
          Yes, but you have to live somewhere between contract. Nice beach, do a bit of diving, why not.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor
            Not on the southern part of the red sea coast perchance?
            Yes, why?
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
              If you're buying off plan, isn't it on the plans what you're getting?
              The apartment is on the plans, but no access to the roof was shown.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

The apartment is on the plans, but no access to the roof was shown.
                I think that answers your question?

Sounds like they are offering you a roof terrace for another chunk of change?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                  I think that answers your question?

Sounds like they are offering you a roof terrace for another chunk of change?
                  Yes, but I have never come across it before, have you?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Yes, but I have never come across it before, have you?
                    Sounds pretty reasonable, but no I haven't - maybe the architect had a brain-wave.

Comment

Working...
                    X