• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices rise in June

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices rise in June

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6268272.stm

House price inflation now at a cool 10.7%

The BTL brigade must all be millionaires now. Beats contracting for a living.

Originally posted by King Cnvt
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6268272.stm

House price inflation now at a cool 10.7%

The BTL brigade must all be millionaires now. Beats contracting for a living.
    Paper millionaires - they'd have to sell up to realise the profit.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
      Paper millionaires - they'd have to sell up to realise the profit.
      If they have any sense, that's what they should be doing very soon.

Comment

3 more rate rises then "pop"
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          3 more rate rises then "pop"
          3? seems a bit precarious at the moment
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I've a cottage for sale in Kent if anyone wants it ??? Don't think letting it is such a good idea at the moment.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

I'm thinking about moving in a few months; would this not be a good time to buy?

It's difficult to know if it will ever peak or if it's just costing you more by waiting.

Comment

I'll also be looking to move in about 12 months time though, but hte places I'm looking at for the moment are around the 900k mark, it is difficult to know if prices will rise or drop any...
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                  I'm thinking about moving in a few months; would this not be a good time to buy?

It's difficult to know if it will ever peak or if it's just costing you more by waiting.
                  It will never peak, just rise at 3x inflation for ever. Soon we will all be billionaires. Watch out Gates!

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                    I'll also be looking to move in about 12 months time though, but hte places I'm looking at for the moment are around the 900k mark, it is difficult to know if prices will rise or drop any...
                    Not quite up to your standards; will be around the £250-300k mark :-)

Where is it you're looking?

Comment

Working...
                    X