• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chemists..........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemists..........

Just a quick question which I wondered if any of you knew the answer to.

My wife tried to get her precription the other day. The chemist said that because the anti rejection drug she is on is quite old that they couldn't get hold of it and that she could 'probably get it from the hospital'

my feeling about this is

1 - the drug is somewhat vital to her recovery and well being
    2 - pharma companies have a legal responsibility to supply a market if a drug is being prescribed.

To me the chemist is pulling a bit of a fast one here. They should not be allowed to simply wash their hands of this by telling somebody to go elsewhere for essential drugs.

Does anybody know the legal standpoint. I know a few people in the regulatory section of GSK and might call them also for more info on this.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Just a quick question which I wondered if any of you knew the answer to.

My wife tried to get her precription the other day. The chemist said that because the anti rejection drug she is on is quite old that they couldn't get hold of it and that she could 'probably get it from the hospital'

my feeling about this is

1 - the drug is somewhat vital to her recovery and well being
    2 - pharma companies have a legal responsibility to supply a market if a drug is being prescribed.

To me the chemist is pulling a bit of a fast one here. They should not be allowed to simply wash their hands of this by telling somebody to go elsewhere for essential drugs.

Does anybody know the legal standpoint. I know a few people in the regulatory section of GSK and might call them also for more info on this.

You can always go to the chemist in the hospital for it. I had this issue after a motorbike accident, I could only get the drugs in the hospital pharmacy...

Comment

"You can always go to the chemist in the hospital for it. I had this issue after a motorbike accident, I could only get the drugs in the hospital pharmacy..."

My wife has just had a kidney transplant. The hospital the chemist is talking about is in the centre of Manchester, about 12 miles from home. She is not able to drive at the moment. My point is with the chemist though. To me if you give the chemist enough warning regarding the precription, then it is reasonable for me to expect the chemist to source the drugs. The chemist should not be allowed to send the customer elsewhere and wash their hands of the problem.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"You can always go to the chemist in the hospital for it. I had this issue after a motorbike accident, I could only get the drugs in the hospital pharmacy..."

My wife has just had a kidney transplant. The hospital the chemist is talking about is in the centre of Manchester, about 12 miles from home. She is not able to drive at the moment. My point is with the chemist though. To me if you give the chemist enough warning regarding the precription, then it is reasonable for me to expect the chemist to source the drugs. The chemist should not be allowed to send the customer elsewhere and wash their hands of the problem.
        Chemists in the past have sourced drugs for my wife that they have not stocked. They normally get them in within a day or so.
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

yeah, will they not just order it for you?

Comment

Ok, the chemist will order it for you and should only take 1-2 days IIRC, I know thats the SLA that BOOTS use.

Comment

www.Pharmacy2U.co.uk Worth a go, they worked very well for us when we had to give our little boy various things when he came out of SCBU. Much easier than mobilising the battalion and getting down to the chemist to get it yourself too

Comment

Chemists are not of any legal obligation to provide anything. They are private businesses and as such can provide or not provide services as they wish.

Maybe its just not worth his time to stock a drug that he may only dispense once particularly if he has to order a "batch" quantity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  Chemists are not of any legal obligation to provide anything. They are private businesses and as such can provide or not provide services as they wish.

Maybe its just not worth his time to stock a drug that he may only dispense once particularly if he has to order a "batch" quantity.

BOOTS will order it for you...

Comment

Working...
                  X