• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retrospectively Claim Holiday Pay from Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retrospectively Claim Holiday Pay from Client

Hi again,

I have another odd question.

Has anyone out there ever claimed for Holiday Pay after leaving a Client?

I understand that under IR35 - since you are taxed as perm you should be able to make a claim although I think it is only possible if you have worked there more than 2 years.

Originally posted by VJTheDJ
    Hi again,

I understand that under IR35 - since you are taxed as perm you should be able to make a claim although I think it is only possible if you have worked there more than 2 years.

If you're working thru a Ltd, then certainly not. If you were thru a brolly and since they are therefore your employer then maybe but probably doubtful once you've left.

Comment

Hi again,

Does the contract say you are entitled to paid holiday? Even if it does, unlikely if the contract has ended.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I only ask this because I once had an interview at UBS where they told me that they axe all contractors at 2 years because 'once' a guy successfully got them to payout Holiday pay after he left......

Comment

I only ask this because I once had an interview at UBS where they told me that they axe all contractors at 2 years because 'once' a guy successfully got them to payout Holiday pay after he left......
          Perhaps the mug was operating inside IR35? Sounds like small beer to me, not worth the fuss.
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
          X