• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are your instincts usually spot on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your instincts usually spot on?

Bit of an abstract one this, but I want to get an idea of how often your intuition and instincts are confirmed, and how often you get it completely wrong.

I ask because I'm usually spot on in sussing out colleagues, client reps, whether an agent is lying (always - that one's easy), whether a client is going to extend, and even when trouble is round the corner with a reshuffle or acquisition.

At the moment, I have a foreboding feeling about my extension/non-extension right now, and the client isn't giving anything away.
    Psychic - I'm right so often it's spooky.
    16.67%
    Usually pretty close to the mark.
    57.14%
    50/50.
    7.14%
    An entirely non-intuitive machine, give me the facts and I shall process forthwith.
    7.14%
    Mr Bean.
    11.90%

Originally posted by realityhack
    I have a foreboding feeling
    My instincts tell me that foreboding means something bad?
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Bit of an abstract one this, but I want to get an idea of how often your intuition and instincts are confirmed, and how often you get it completely wrong.

I ask because I'm usually spot on in sussing out colleagues, client reps, whether an agent is lying (always - that one's easy), whether a client is going to extend, and even when trouble is round the corner with a reshuffle or acquisition.

At the moment, I have a foreboding feeling about my extension/non-extension right now, and the client isn't giving anything away.
      My instinct would be 'you're screwed'

Comment

Well, I've been expecting you to post this all day, so pretty much spot on really.

(Sorry)

Comment

I once phoned a psychic helpline and they asked me to leave a message, my name and my number.

Not much of a psychic obviously.

Comment

Maybe you should test us all?

Design a picture or something and let us get it? lets see who's the most psycic? (clearly not me, as it took me 5 minutes to work out how to spell it!)
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
              I once phoned a psychic helpline and they asked me to leave a message, my name and my number.

Not much of a psychic obviously.

I once went to a clairevoyant after work but when I got there there was a sign on the door saying "Closed due to unforeseen circumstances".

Bunch of frauds.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                Maybe you should test us all?

Design a picture or something and let us get it? lets see who's the most psycic? (clearly not me, as it took me 5 minutes to work out how to spell it!)

psychic

Comment

I once went to some timelords after work but when I got there there was a sign on the door saying "Back in 5 minutes".

Bunch of charlatans.

Comment

Hmm... another random assortment of answers.

Ok SA - seeing as I'm bored out of my skull, I have actually drawn a little picture. So what is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X