• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here ever dealt in shares ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havn't

but I have been thinking about buying shares in grain. How would I go about doing that ? I have 5k thats doing nothing at the mo

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist

I havn't

but I have been thinking about buying shares in grain. How would I go about doing that ? I have 5k thats doing nothing at the mo

Yeah I used to do quite a bit of day trading, but have been investing in property the last 10 years. You're not going to get much return with 5k unless you're looking at high risk, high return.

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
      Yeah I used to do quite a bit of day trading, but have been investing in property the last 10 years. You're not going to get much return with 5k unless you're looking at high risk, high return.

not looking to make a fortune, i thought

grain - Chinese food market - bio fuel ----got to be a safe bet

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

but remember high risk could mean no return

I've dabbled, collecting share options when I was a permi, reinvesting dividends and once bought shares in a well known high-street clothes shop for Mrs Orangutan's birthday (bit of a p1ss take as she spends so much money in there) - they've done alright though, wish I'd been more generous now !

with 5k you will just be playing, but have fun and enjoy it, just remember its gambling, you could win, you might not.

Comment

I havn't

ETC - Exchange Traded Commodities

Comment

Latin American Dot Com Startups
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I made a fair bit on BAE a few years ago, may be worth a punt now if your feeling lucky. I belive the share price dropped quite a bit with the whole Saudi thing and the worries that the yanks are going to try and take them apart.

If the yanks leave them alone the share price will probably bounce up again and earn you a decent profit.

Comment

I havn't

Well you've made the right start by asking for financial advice here. You really are the eternal optimist.

Comment

Working...
                X