• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voice recognition telephone systems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice recognition telephone systems

I have just called a publisher of a magazine I subscribe to to find out when it's due for renewal as I'm thinking of cancelling.

They have an automated voice recognition system which I used to get the information I required and I must admit that I am impressed with it's speed, simplicity and efficiency.

It really didn't seem like I was talking to a machine and in fact, was more efficient than some human call centre interactions I have had of late.

I guess this technology has moved on considerably but I have not come across it in many scenarios so maybe it is still too expensive for firms to justify the investment.

Originally posted by Clippy
    I have just called a publisher of a magazine I subscribe to to find out when it's due for renewal as I'm thinking of cancelling.

They have an automated voice recognition system which I used to get the information I required and I must admit that I am impressed with it's speed, simplicity and efficiency.

It really didn't seem like I was talking to a machine and in fact, was more efficient than some human call centre interactions I have had of late.

I guess this technology has moved on considerably but I have not come across it in many scenarios so maybe it is still too expensive for firms to justify the investment.
    As always, someone gets it first and then the gorila steps in. The name is Exchange 2007

Comment

http://nextupdownloads.com/scansamples/sangeeta.wma

Even the Indians are being replaced for our benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy

I'm currently contracting at a place called SpinVox, and it's amazing what their hardware can do.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X