• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheeky *&^#%ers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheeky *&^#%ers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6272082.stm
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

I was just going to post that.

I liked the "it will only be used as a last resort on chronic defaulters"
    Given HMRCs track record (any Government body for that matter) they will snatch your cash first and let you go to court to get it back.
    You will have to prove your innocence.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Good for HMRC

I pay my taxes, Why should others get away without paying?
      If everybody paid their taxes on time and in full, stopped doing all those cash in hand jobs, and paying for those cash in hand jobs, then maybe we could see a reduction in NI and Income tax percentages.

Go on HMRC
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver
        Good for HMRC

If everybody paid their taxes on time and in full, stopped doing all those cash in hand jobs, and paying for those cash in hand jobs, then maybe we could see a reduction in NI and Income tax percentages.

Go on HMRC
        I hope you are still as happy when they say you are IR35 caught and they take the deemed debt before you have a chance to fight it.

We have a legal system to protect the innocent as well as to prosecute the guilty (I know thats a joke). Anything that circumvents that process can not be good.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Looks like an empty current account with no overdraft facility might be an essential tool for taxpayers, shortly!

Comment

Maybe I'm being wildly optimistic/naive but my understanding was that any money owed based on falling foul of IR35 was levied on the company. If there were insufficient funds in the Ltd Co account and you could demonstrate that you had not been negligent i.e. you had your contract reviewed etc then HMRC could not go after you personally.

Or is this just wishful bollox?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
              wishful b*ll*x?
              Indeed it is, me old mate, indeed it is. IR35 is a personal tax.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Feck

Best I keep that PCG membership up to date then.

Comment

Good for HMRC

Go on HMRC
                  That's NL's view- we are all tax evaders and if only we all paid up then we would have a wonderfull Health Service, Education system etc.
                  If this ever came to pass you would not see a reduction in Tax & NI, Gordon would just divert more of the UK's resources to help out Africa/educate the world/make povery history or whatever bollox is currently fashionable within the politburo
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Good for HMRC

Go on HMRC
                    I'm afraid this is just another example of NL throwing away our civil liberties without a by your leave.

I've a mind to write to Shami Chakribati. Or however you spell it.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X