• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hull is a "forgotten city"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hull is a "forgotten city"

Hull is a "forgotten city" and needs urgent help as hundreds remain homeless after the devastating floods, a council leader has claimed.

Carl Minns, the leader of Hull City Council, has slammed the lack of attention the city has received compared with other areas and called on the Government for urgent help as the cost of the damage is estimated at as much as £200 million.

Many residents of the 10,500 properties evacuated in the city may not be able to return home for up to a year. Around 17,000 homes have damage ranging from waterlogged gardens to belongings floating in 4ft of water.

He said: "We are the forgotten city in this disaster. Hull has been more affected than all of South Yorkshire put together by these floods. Hull has been the hardest hit - what we are dealing with is a disaster."
    Where is HHH when you need him...
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Hull has been known as the land that time forgot since long before the flood. Thats the biblical one BTW.
    You can still see trogladites roaming the streets.
    Whilst working there I was informed that I would need to reset my watch to a different time zone. 1932 was about right.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

They should pester their MP about it. Now I wonder who is the MP for Hull?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        They should pester their MP about it. Now I wonder who is the MP for Hull?

Playing croquet?
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp

Playing croquet?
          In Strasbourg.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

On a ranch somewhere.

Comment

Which MP? Hull has 2.
              The fat one who was a failed deputy PM and the one that failed to become deputy PM.

Don't mock about floods & Hull, do you realise that it is the first time in years the chav population has had a bath

Comment

Hull is a spelling mistake...

Comment

Where's hull?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Hull has not been forgotten, it's existence has just been routinely hushed up.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X