• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does he manage it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does he manage it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6271112.stm

Prescott in Council of Europe job

John Prescott quit as deputy prime minister last week
    Former deputy prime minister John Prescott is to become a British representative to the Council of Europe, it has been announced.
    Mr Prescott, who remains an MP after stepping down from government last week, will take an unpaid role on the Parliamentary Assembly of the council.

He will replace Manchester Central MP Tony Lloyd, who is stepping down.

The Council of Europe, based in Strasbourg, was established in 1949 to promote human rights and freedoms.

Mr Prescott, 69, who suffers from diabetes, was treated in hospital for pneumonia last month.

He remains at his grace-and-favour home at Admiralty House, near Trafalgar Square, while he searches for a new home.

"Following his recent illness, [Mr Prescott] is making the necessary arrangements to move out of his official residence," PM Gordon Brown said in a Commons written reply on Wednesday.

Translation 'challenge'

The post - which although unpaid includes expenses - means Mr Prescott will also sit on the Assembly of Western European Union, an assembly for security and defence.

A former MEP, Mr Prescott held a similar position on the Council of Europe in the 1970s.

Shadow Europe minister Mark Francois congratulated Mr Prescott - once voted the public figure who most mangled the English language - and wished the translators luck.

"I understand that the skilled translators they employ are used to reproducing speeches in a whole range of languages, but I suspect John Prescott is about to present them with a challenge, the like of which they have never seen before," he said.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

FFS!

That imbecile should have carried on being a waiter on a ferry...

"Gin an' Tonic, Gin an' Tonic!"
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6271112.stm

Prescott in Council of Europe job

John Prescott quit as deputy prime minister last week
      Former deputy prime minister John Prescott is to become a British representative to the Council of Europe, it has been announced.
      Mr Prescott, who remains an MP after stepping down from government last week, will take an unpaid role on the Parliamentary Assembly of the council.

He will replace Manchester Central MP Tony Lloyd, who is stepping down.
      Too much of a coincidence? - conspiracy theorists to the fore!
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
      X