• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Embarrassing mistakes at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Embarrassing mistakes at work

Guys

What is the most embarrassing mistake you have made at work? COme on, don't be shy...

I have just typed an email to several very senior managers with a report and at the bottom of the email, I normally type "Regards"....only this time it was "Retards"...

OOPS!!!!!

That'll be a Freudian slip then.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
      That'll be a Freudian slip then.

Yeah, I reckon...no replies from it though, maybe they have not noticed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
        Yeah, I reckon...no replies from it though, maybe they have not noticed!!!
        They're probably on the phone looking for your replacement.

Comment

Almost sent a mail out this morning which instead of having “Result” in the subject matter had “re sl*t”
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
            Guys

What is the most embarrassing mistake you have made at work? COme on, don't be shy...

I have just typed an email to several very senior managers with a report and at the bottom of the email, I normally type "Regards"....only this time it was "Retards"...

OOPS!!!!!
            you win

Comment

I've probably told yous...

But I once created a database/reporting system for recording paying in slips in the CSA.

I unfortunately didn't realise that I'd called it PISS (Paying In Slips System). Seriously - I hadn't even twigged.

My boss twigged though, and told me to change it immediately.

Even worse was that I changed it to PISlipS, which he was even less happy about :d

100% true story!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Several years ago, I worked at a place where the MD of the company was a complete ludite but never let that stop him from playing with his gadgets.

My boss sent me an email requesting I pay him a visit as he needed some assistance.

I did the necessary and dropped my boss an email back saying job done with the details of what was wrong and what I did. I also said something along the lines of the MD is a feckwit when it comes to technology.

My boss forwards the email to the MD, cc's me in, to let him know all is resolved. I literally tulip myself when I saw it. Phoned my boss, told him what he had done (he apologised - he was busy and didn't really read the email properly).

I bolted to the MD's office and was lucky that he had stepped away from his desk and his machine was not locked. I summarily deleted the offending email from his mailbox.

After that, I went out and bought a new pair of kaks.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  I've probably told yous...

But I once created a database/reporting system for recording paying in slips in the CSA.

I unfortunately didn't realise that I'd called it PISS (Paying In Slips System). Seriously - I hadn't even twigged.

My boss twigged though, and told me to change it immediately.

Even worse was that I changed it to PISlipS, which he was even less happy about :d

100% true story!
                  I was once responsible for a support team based in Clacton on Sea, at the Contact Centre. I changed the name to Clacton IT Support...until someone suggested getting T-shirts printed..ClITS...

Comment

I've written "check My Dicuments" in an email before to a lot of people.

I also once signed off with "Love" instead of "Regards" in an email to a colleague. I'd just written one to the wife before that and was in a bit of a trance. Strangely enough, I got some funny looks off the bloke.

I suppose I should be relieved I didn't get giggles and furtive glances; he looked like Hagrid. It could have been the end of me.

Comment

Working...
                    X