• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Downtime

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downtime

What does one do when waiting on a project manager or fellow worker to allocate work?

Peronsally I feel a bit guilty when there are a couple of days (even hours) of downtime during a project, I chase people up but what more can you do?

Would the most altruistic thing be to go home and not charge for the day?

Originally posted by yellow

That would kill any IR35 issues you had.

Or you could try to beat Zeities post count.

Comment

What does one do when waiting on a project manager or fellow worker to allocate work?

Peronsally I feel a bit guilty when there are a couple of days (even hours) of downtime during a project, I chase people up but what more can you do?

In this gig I've went home.

I've tagged that day onto the end of my contract, so they're paying me for my deliverables as opposed to my wasted time.

COurse, then there are the other days when I've only had a tiny bit to do...thats when I post on here
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Offer to do some testing/bug fixing/documentation i.e. go look for something to do which will make life easier for others. If there isn't anything productive you can do you should go home and not charge for the time.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
          COurse, then there are the other days when I've only had a tiny bit to do...thats when I post on here
          That being every day then ???
          Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
            That being every day then ???

Total Posts: 4,428 (17.04 posts per day)

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
              Offer to do some testing/bug fixing/documentation i.e. go look for something to do which will make life easier for others. If there isn't anything productive you can do you should go home and not charge for the time.
              Yeah! Right!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                Total Posts: 4,428 (17.04 posts per day)
                It used to be 19.something - I've been doing loads better lately
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
                  Yeah! Right!
                  Double yeah, right!

Comment

Originally posted by Burdock
                    Double yeah, right!
                    Treble yeah, right!

Comment

Working...
                    X