• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Gordon Brown Going To Blame Tony Blair When Things Go Wrong?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Gordon Brown Going To Blame Tony Blair When Things Go Wrong?

Last night I caught a snippet from the news where Gordon Brown was replying to a question from David Cameron. He said "I'd like to remind the right honourable gentleman that I've only been Prime Minister for 5 days". David Cameron looked gobsmacked. Jeers from the opposition benches.

I think we could be hearing more of this sort of bleating from our illustrious new leader. It's only a matter of time before he starts blaming "the former administration", meaning Tony and his cronies.

God, he makes me mad.

He is a politician, needs to blame someone other than himself!!!

Comment

This was the actual quote:

Mr. Cameron: A very interesting answer, but I asked a specific question. The Prime Minister said that we need evidence about Hizb ut-Tahrir. That organisation says that Jews should be killed wherever they are found. What more evidence do we need before we ban that organisation? It is poisoning the minds of young people. Two years ago, the Government said that it should be banned. I ask again: when will this be done?

The Prime Minister: We can ban it under the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005. Of course— [Interruption.] The Leader of the Opposition forgets that I have been in this job for five days. [Interruption.]

Comment

And actually he'd been in the job for seven days.

Comment

He didn't even get the number of days correct (7). If he had little experience in a senior role (like Cameron) then he could have been excused, but he's had the second most important job in government. This just goes to show the rumours of him being a little Hitler and stifling any debate or question of his actions is on the nail. Unfortunately (for him) he can't get away with that as a leader at question time. My feeling is in a few years time they (the media) will look back at many similar clips of him fking up in parliament, while the voiceover speaks of a leader who had the shortest and most ineffectual period in government in recent history
          I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

What do you mean "when things go wrong"?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              Maybe the thread should be called "Will Gordon Brown Blame Tony Blair For Everything"?

Comment

Originally posted by Numptycorner
                He didn't even get the number of days correct (7). If he had little experience in a senior role (like Cameron) then he could have been excused, but he's had the second most important job in government. This just goes to show the rumours of him being a little Hitler and stifling any debate or question of his actions is on the nail. Unfortunately (for him) he can't get away with that as a leader at question time. My feeling is in a few years time they (the media) will look back at many similar clips of him fking up in parliament, while the voiceover speaks of a leader who had the shortest and most ineffectual period in government in recent history

I think that he is destined to become Labour's John Major to Tony's Margaret Thatcher.
                It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe
                  I think that he is destined to become Labour's John Major to Tony's Margaret Thatcher.
                  John Major won an election, I don't thing Brown will, especially if the housing market crashes.
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
                    Similar to "when things do not go as well as they could have"...

Comment

Working...
                    X