• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Checking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Checking

Just been asked if I have any blackmarks on my credit record - if so then no banking contract for me!! My current credit record with Experian, Equifax is good - all squeaky clean but I am a discharged bankrupt from 15 years back that does not appear anywhere I can find.
    Any bod know if banks, agencies look in sources other than public ones?
    Is my secret safe?
    Thanks

I then they also check forums

Comment

I think youare knack'd.

Banks share information between themselves not in the public domain.

Even discharged bankrupts.....

Comment

Originally posted by drikker
        Just been asked if I have any blackmarks on my credit record - if so then no banking contract for me!! My current credit record with Experian, Equifax is good - all squeaky clean but I am a discharged bankrupt from 15 years back that does not appear anywhere I can find.
        Any bod know if banks, agencies look in sources other than public ones?
        Is my secret safe?
        Thanks
        Go for it & let us know how you get on
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think that it is wiped after 6 years (as you are discharged). Unlikely to be on any records so you should be OK.

Comment

You could try seeing if any other credit agencies have this on their files (the ask them to remove it): GB Group, CallCredit, Creditsafe
            "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

"discharged bankrupt from 15 years back that does not appear anywhere I can find."
              At 7 years after discharge this is wiped off your record
              Same with any bad debts or CCJ's
              (actually some are 6 years but can never remember which is which so safer to assume 7 years for all)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
                I then they also check forums
                as well as asking your neighbours and checking behind your sofa

Comment

Any debts or bad debts will be wiped 6 years after they were settled. (So if you got into debt and defaulted a few times and then took 5 years to pay off the debt you then have to wait a further 6 years for it to clear from your credit record)

HTH

Comment

Thanks dudes,
                    I'll check where I can (thanks Swamp Thing for some ideas) and just go for it - main prob is if minsky1 is right and the banks share non-public information.
                    I'll let u know

Comment

Working...
                    X