• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Based on my extensive knowledge of the housing market ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on my extensive knowledge of the housing market ...

...I predict the long predicted and awaited correction of the current bubble market will happen by the end of the year/beginning of 2008.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

you didn't warn us.

Comment

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/

Scary... all the predictions are bullish for 2007 & some for 2008.
      Time will tell
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

To SAS

I have just pulled out of buying a flat in E2, I have sold my old one and banked the dosh, and signed a rental agreement.

I have my ear to the ground in that area, and even estate agents are very pessimistic.

I think you may be right, the difference this time is the overwhelming pessimistic sentiment.

I may be wrong too but I have more to lose by buying and being right than not buying and being wrong.

Lets wait and see
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
          I
          I have my ear to the ground in that area,

You are a sitting target for getting your head kicked in
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

SASguru changes his tune as soon as it's obvious. I told him weeks ago it was going tits up, did he believe me?
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Well

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              You are a sitting target for getting your head kicked in
              I would rather take a good ol E2 kicking than working for my mortgage lender for 6 years.
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I still maintain that London will power ahead due to staff being moved there from New York. But things not so rosy for rest of UK.

It might get more interesting if people start to declare themselves bankrupt(easier these days) and the banks get lots of bad debts. Narrow escape averted in 1998(LTCM) - I hope will be the same this time.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the extent of 'correction' turns out to be. Are we set for a bang or merely a pop?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    ...I predict the long predicted and awaited correction of the current bubble market will happen by the end of the year/beginning of 2008.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
                    Rubbish.

House prices this year will end 10% up. Next year 6% up. Year after another 4 or 5%.

If you don't buy now you will be priced out forever. Keep upping the price and borrow more than you can ever possibly afford.

The good times will roll forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X