• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A4 flatbed scanner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A4 flatbed scanner

Hi

Am looking to buy an A4 flatbed scanner sub £100 just need it for scanning docs mainly (receipts) so I can email to my accountant.

dont need it to do anything fancy except produce best quality scans.

would appreciate any recommendations on model to get

cheers

As it is for basic scanning, I would go for an entry level Canon purely based on their compact size.

However, you may find for a bit more money, you can get a cheap multi-function device that would include printing and copying as well as scanning capability.

However, you need to factor in the inevitable cost of consumables if you use these additional functions as well as the inevitable larger size of the device.

You may find some pointers in this thread.

HTH

Comment

Samsung Mutifunction Laser

Colour scanner works with OCR £99 inc Vat
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I got an HP 5990P (I think) and it is really good. Paid £40 on EBAY.

Comment

Canon??????

I suggest you do a search online for "canon unable twain", far too many pages of people (including me) who suddenly find that some software fault means that no programs can connect to the scanner and there appears to be NO SOLUTION other than reinstalling windows.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

ended up buying a Genius ColorPage-Slim 1200 USB2 for £55, red some good reports on it, but the damn thing wont install easily on xp pro sp2.
            o well you live n learn

thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP
              ended up buying a Genius ColorPage-Slim 1200 USB2 for £55, red some good reports on it, but the damn thing wont install easily on xp pro sp2.
              o well you live n learn

thanks for the suggestions
              you could have bought a HP all in one for a few more quid, bought mine for £85 end of line at PC world a few weeks back. excellent qual and you can download patch to run in XP service pack 2 (Pro) and in Vista

Now stop Fecking up my Thread domination
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

But are all in ones a valid choice - or a compromise?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  For me?

My home office is 9 X 6 foot

2 desks, 3 Desktop systems, 2 Printers, 1 Flatbed, 6 screens, 1 Laptop being used as desktop with IR keyboard & Mouse (Hands & fingers too big for those poxy onboard keys), 1 fax machine, Dell huge sound system, filing cabinet, shelves loaded with books & progs. waste bin, 2 Chairs, binding Machine, laminator, etc, etc, etc. What do you think ?
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    I must say that my current all in one (Epson Stylus DX4200) performs far better (speed and quality) than the seperate printer (Epson) and scanner (Medion) it replaced.

Comment

Working...
                    X