• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Winding up Kitchens Direct

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winding up Kitchens Direct

Over the last several months I've had several calls from Kitchens Direct, trying to flog a fitted kitchen, which I don't need. So next time they call I plan to invite the salesperson round and once they have checked the kitchen explain that all I need is a single foot-long shelf to store some baked bean tins. Then when they point out that Kitchens Direct prefer to arrange entire kitchens, I'll ruefully tell them that was just what the previous Kitchens Direct salesperson said when they came round a month previously ..

The question is, what would be the most inconvenient and difficult time from their standpoint to arrange the visit? I thought late friday would be good, about 6pm. Any ideas, or further thoughts on wind-up elaborations for these kitchen-spamming sales pests?
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 5 July 2007, 20:42.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Over the last several months I've had several calls from Kitchens Direct, trying to flog a fitted kitchen, which I don't need. So next time they call I plan to invite the salesperson round and once they have checked the kitchen explain that all I need is a single foot-long shelf to store some baked bean tins. Then when they point out that Kitchens Direct prefer to arrange entire kitchens, I'll ruefully tell them that was just what the previous Kitchens Direct salesperson said when they came round a month previously ..

The question is, what would be the most inconvenient and difficult time from their standpoint to arrange the visit? I thought late friday would be good, about 6pm. Any ideas, or further thoughts on wind-up elaborations for these kitchen-spamming sales pests?
    How did they get your number?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

How about 6am Sunday morning, but be away on holiday at the time. Ask the neighbours to keep an eye on the place and call the police if anyone comes to visit.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Ask them to contact you in writing at your holiday home in Wales.

Just make up an address but make sure that it's in

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch,

Yes it is a real place in Wales
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Would that be Kitchens Direct owned by one Vance Miller?

Comment

doesn't sound good
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              doesn't sound good
              Troll not at your best in the morning then !
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

When we were looking at new kitchen May 2006 i contacted Kitchens Direct to give us a quote on supplying goods. Never heard anything and went with MFI to supply the kitchen. I now get phone calls from Kitchens Direct every other month asking if i want a new kitchen. I tell each caller to take me off their database as i have a new kitchen fitted and don't need to replace it just yet.

Funny enough they phoned me last night and i said the same. Maybe i will do what you say and act interested invite them round but say the only time i'm avaliable is 9am Sunday morning. Any other time i won't be avaliable. They do my head in.
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Register with the telephone preference service. If they call, advise them that they are in breach and you will report them. However, they seem to have a poor reputation and probably wouldn't bother anyway. They are regulars on Watchdog (probably because they wouldn't do Nicky Campbell a cheap kitchen)!!

Comment

When they call I say, "I am glad you called as I have this fridge for sale, good condition....."

Comment

Working...
                    X