• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stag weekend in Southampton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stag weekend in Southampton

I'm going on a stag-do this weekend, staying near Southampton. Does anyone know any good nightspots?

I come from the South but I've never been to Southampton, and come to think of it I've never met anyone from Southampton. So I'm not sure what to expect.
    Cats are evil.

weekend in Southampton

Yeah, go some were else like the pride of the south Portsmouth !!!!!

Even Bournemouth is better then s*********n!!!!

Play up Pompey !!!!!!!!

Comment

You may well be right... but we're stuck seven miles from Southampton in the New Forest. Frankly we'll be lucky to make it to So'ton.

If it was up to me we'd be in Copenhagen or Stockholme
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
        I'm going on a stag-do this weekend, staying near Southampton. Does anyone know any good nightspots?

I come from the South but I've never been to Southampton, and come to think of it I've never met anyone from Southampton. So I'm not sure what to expect.
        There's a 'For Your Eyes Only' in Southampton, in the High Street. I think there's one in Bournemouth too.

I can't vouch for how good it is, I didn't go in it. I just had the misfortune of staying in a hotel opposite.

Addendum. There are a few bars on that street so it is quite lively. Make sure you take ID with you because they will demand you show it wherever you go. I was refused a drink because I didn't have ID, and I am 36 FFS. OK I don't look it but still, I have been able to legally buy alcohol for the last 18 years FFS.
        Last edited by Gonzo; 5 July 2007, 22:13.

Comment

You may well be right... but we're stuck seven miles from Southampton in the New Forest. Frankly we'll be lucky to make it to So'ton.

If it was up to me we'd be in Copenhagen or Stockholme

If you go in just head for town centre lots of watering holes but you make ur mind up when you get in them!!! Some of outskirting areas are scary so I would avoid.
          Not a lot in New Forest really just a few village pubs, if your lucky!!!
          Personally would go to Bucharest lots of fun to be had!!!

Comment

The town centre atmosphere depends on whether there are any big ships in.
            The brasses hang out on St Mary's Road.

Comment

Thanks for that advice. It's enough to get us started.

I feel between us all we have probably covered most of the bars in Christendom, but Southampton is unchartered territory to me.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Why Southampton?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Expect a dull night out
                  I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Bournemouth has Spearmint, For Your Eyes Only, Fantasy Palace and best of all Wiggle, plus decent bars and clubs.

Prob only twice as much in a taxi than So'ton would be.

Comment

Working...
                    X