• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lunch with pimp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lunch with pimp

In the process of securing a new contract and pimp wants to take me out for lunch next week. I've been offered this from other agencies in the past but always declined. I think I will do it this time and drink myself into a stupor at the pimp’s expense. Any of you guys and girls been wined and dined by pimps?

has been offered a few times but I've always politely declined.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNamor
      In the process of securing a new contract and pimp wants to take me out for lunch next week. I've been offered this from other agencies in the past but always declined. I think I will do it this time and drink myself into a stupor at the pimp’s expense. Any of you guys and girls been wined and dined by pimps?
      All pimps say it... I was offered lunch with my pimp, and in the first week of the gig they arrived on site and bought me a crappy cup of coffee for 45p...

Make sure you get a good meal and beers out of it....

Comment

All the time... bonus if it's a female... double bonus if she is pretty
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
          All pimps say it... I was offered lunch with my pimp, and in the first week of the gig they arrived on site and bought me a crappy cup of coffee for 45p...

Make sure you get a good meal and beers out of it....
          As it will be in Central London I'm thinking Spearmint Rhino's or one of those seedy little strip clubs in Soho where a beer cost £50.

Comment

I have been on the other side of the "table". Most contractors are great but it is worrying just how poor so many of them are at conversation. They will happily sit through an entire meal and say absolutely nothing. Lunch for agents, believe me, can be hard work.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Had a lunch meeting with pimp in past. Got a couple of drinks out of her and she was Hot.

They use it more as a insider info session. Gain info from you as to how work load is going, chance of more people, up and coming projects. Every time i changed the subject to something else she would always end back onto that subject and line of questions
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                I have been on the other side of the "table". Most contractors are great but it is worrying just how poor so many of them are at conversation. They will happily sit through an entire meal and say absolutely nothing. Lunch for agents, believe me, can be hard work.
                I pride myslef on my ability to talk tulip, especially witha few beers down my neck. The pimp I'm meeting next week sounded about 16 years old. He will probably turn up on a scooter with his track suit bottoms tucked into his socks.

Comment

I wouldn't go because I am slightly more picky about my lunch partners....

Comment

I pride myslef on my ability to talk tulip, .
                    The art of "screwing information" out of a contractor is to engage them on a "talking tulip" level. If I then want market info out of them I then say:

"Look, I am trying to get more business and it would be great if you could help me, do you mind telling me who the PM at say HSBC was that you worked for?" and do you know who is looking for people?. If they say "No" or they say what's in it for me? then fine I either talk more tulip with them untill they succumb to my charm or we talk business.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X