• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Future Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Future Britain

The few weeks / months / years has un-settled me for where i think Britain is going to be in the next few years / decades.

The amount of tax we pay on everything and the amount of crap that goes on is making me and Miss Cooperinliverp00l to really consider leaving it all behind and move to Australia / America.

Can house prices continue to raise, Tax continue to raise, introduction of road pricing, crap NHS and Transport,

Is the grass likely to be greener in another country ? What would you do
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

I aim to get out in 5-6 years....US or Canada.

Comment

i aim to be in South Africa in 20 years .... retired and fat!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
        i aim to be in South Africa in 20 years .... retired and fat!
        You are half way to your dream already.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
          The amount of tax we pay
          Do you mean us, or people in general inthis country.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt
            You are half way to your dream already.
            what a cnvt!
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
              Do you mean us, or people in general inthis country.
              Probably mean us. I see all that money come in and then see all that money go out. Probably the down side to contracting as you are the one who physically has to pay it. Permie it all gets taken off before it hits your bank and does seem real when it is printed on a payslip.

I feel money in this country is getting spent in totally the wrong places like billions on the 2012 olympics while our nurses struggle through training and in the job cause of cuts all over the place.

Maybe i have got the rainy blues
              Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

The few weeks / months / years has un-settled me for where i think Britain is going to be in the next few years / decades.

The amount of tax we pay on everything and the amount of crap that goes on is making me and Miss Cooperinliverp00l to really consider leaving it all behind and move to Australia / America.

Can house prices continue to raise, Tax continue to raise, introduction of road pricing, crap NHS and Transport,

I think this is known as "white flight" ... and appears to be accelerating.
                Unfortunately Canada & the US have similar problems.. only Aus appears to have braved the PC storm and maintained a sensible immigration policy, trouble is Aus is a desert
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

America (USA) 26th in the world health league after UK.
                  More house repossessions that the UK.
                  IT jobs moving off-shore and to Mexico.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

er why is there still asylum from iraq

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6275864.stm

surely now the country has been liberated, they have their own government and their citizens have a duty to help rebuild the country not run away

Comment

Working...
                    X