• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview - Agency mistake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview - Agency mistake

Can anybody help me in terms of where to go to next, am currently in a contract role and was contacted a few weeks ago regarding a new position, I wasn't particularly that interested in the role and am mad busy at the moment so couldn't afford a day off both timewise and financially ,anyway the agency convinced me to go for the role telling me that there were only two candidates up for the role (me and one other). The interview date was arranged and then I got another call on the Friday before the interview on Monday to see if I was all fired up for it and then told the other candidate had been discounted,so I was the only one up for the role. So I took a day off and travelled 300 miles (round trip) to the interview to find that no-one had heard of the inteviewer and no interviews were scheduled for that day,so I called the agency and found out that the interview had been cancelled some days earlier,as the role had been filled by an internal candidate,the agency hadn't told me this in the conversation I had on the Friday.

I have now asked the agency to reimburse out of pocket expenses,fuel for the trip and the cost of taking the day off,as you can probably guess they are categorically refusing to do so essentially blaming the organisation they recruit for, I don't think I am being unreasonable in my request but don't seem to be getting anywhere fast with them...any ideas where to go next?

Thanks

Yeah, forget it and move on. It's a risk you take being in business for yourself. Mark the mileage down on YourCo accounts and reimburse yourself for that.

Comment

unfortunately I work through an umbrella company

Comment

Originally posted by allencamm
        Still claim it. Your umbrella does allow you to claim work-related travel expenses doesn't it? If not, move to another
        Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

You're screwed unfortunately - notch it down to experience and put the agent on your 'naughty list'
          where wuh wuh?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Lockheed
            You're screwed unfortunately - notch it down to experience and put the agent on your 'naughty list'
            ...and ours - who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              ...and ours - who was it?
              Computer People - Stoke

Comment

Computer People - Stoke
                Initiate a DoS attack on their email servers until they pay up. Or Walk away.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Computer People - Stoke
                  I feckin' knew it would be

Comment

I was with Parasol and on many times put down my millege to go for other interviews. Just didn't record it as interview more of a visiting other client site !!!!!
                    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Working...
                    X