• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And The Point of Live Earth Was?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And The Point of Live Earth Was?

To dump thousands more tons of CO2 into the atmosphere via all that electricity to power the lights / amplifiers / PA systems? And what about all the jetting around of the stars to the venues? And when people have gotten over the hangovers the next day, will it really have made any difference?

On News24 yesterday, one correspondent asked an organizer if the above critisisms were justified. The only response the organizer could give was "Well that's not the way to look at the issue". The art of evasion isn't dead yet.

I thought I was the only one. Do the crowds or the performers really care about environmental destruction, or are they just there for another old fashioned party?

Comment

Live Earth

Its hardly surprising. Being able to sing in tune or strum a guitar is hardly a qualification for understanding the complex computer models that are used to predict whether global warming is fact or fiction.
      The Contract Tester
      "I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted" George Best - 1946 - 2005

Comment

Apart from all the fuel/power used and the resultant generation of greenhouse gasses, I wonder how much trash these concerts produced.
        All they seem to have accomplished is to raise peoples awareness of the issues involved in promoting a green earth.

Wow!

It worked
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I liked the comment Ricky Gervais made when asked by Jonathan Ross "Do you think Live Earth will help the cause?" Ricky replied "I expect Live Earth will solve global warming the same way that Live Aid solved world hunger."

Comment

Originally posted by chubba
            I liked the comment Ricky Gervais made when asked by Jonathan Ross "Do you think Live Earth will help the cause?" Ricky replied "I expect Live Earth will solve global warming the same way that Live Aid solved world hunger."

Missed that one

Comment

Climate change is real. Getting the general public to prepare for its impact, on the other hand, appears to be a completely futile task, akin to trying to persuade previous generations that the world is round, or that humans evolved from apes.

Yet again, Einstein is proved right when he said, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Comment

Originally posted by dang65
                Climate change is real. Getting the general public to prepare for its impact, on the other hand, appears to be a completely futile task, akin to trying to persuade previous generations that the world is round, or that humans evolved from apes.

Yet again, Einstein is proved right when he said, "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                There is a simple reply for those that are unconvinced it's happening.
                Look out of the bl00dy window.

Comment

Originally posted by chubba

'twas Chris Rock who said that.

Comment

I get irritated by rich pop stars telling the rest of us to tighten our belts and save the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X