• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Satellite Navigation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite Navigation

Now I am not trying to blag a sat nav for my company, but would anyone see this as a valid business expense ???

Originally posted by FiveTimes
    Now I am not trying to blag a sat nav for my company, but would anyone see this as a valid business expense ???
    If you do lots of commuting to various different places i don't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
      I bought one and my accountant gave it the all clear as a business expense. (also very useful if you travel within the UK on holiday)

Comment

Just been given go ahead by accountant (SJD) providing I do a lot of travelling...so, interviews, client travelling etc, I am sure I can justify it...

Comment

Buy a PDA with inbuilt Sat Nav, or even a Nokia N95.

Much easier to justify an organizer or a phone!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

i last month changed my car stereo for a OEM one which has sat-nav built in. I use it now and then when i need to do surveys on roads.
            Should i claim??

Bought it off ebay........
            Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Anyone recommend a good satnav? I want to be able to take it out the car and shove inmy jacket pocket...

Comment

Originally posted by Let-Me-In
                Anyone recommend a good satnav? I want to be able to take it out the car and shove inmy jacket pocket...
                If you have a smartphone, get TomTom 6. I have this for my P990 and it does the job...no need for a separate satnav device then...and you always have your phone with you...don't you?
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                  If you have a smartphone, get TomTom 6. I have this for my P990 and it does the job...no need for a separate satnav device then...and you always have your phone with you...don't you?

Don't like the smart phones....

Comment

i am all very new to contracting...looking to buy a tom tom one for £149, as i travel a lot!!
                    When you say business expense does that mean £149 is taken from the tax i am putting to one side? thus its free??? (sorry is that a dumb question? )

Comment

Working...
                    X