• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calm down dear! Your job is not going to India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm down dear! Your job is not going to India

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6283428.stm

Claims that the UK is losing large numbers of white-collar jobs through outsourcing to India and other nations is overstated, a report has said.
    Instead, there has so far been little direct evidence of significant job migration, according to the study by the Work Foundation.

It said that while off-shoring had taken place in past years, there was no real impact on UK white-collar jobs.

The organisation added that most debate on the subject was wrongly alarmist.

There you are, nothing to worry about.

HTH

So who are all those dusky skinned individuals I've been working with over the past 2 or 3 years?

Comment

you daft racist!

probably making up the shortfall, our universities now turn out psychologists and physiotherapists rather than engineers... didn't you know? its not trendy to be an engineer/computer scientist...
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

What a peculiar organisation that published the report.

“Information published on The Work Foundation website is checked before publication and updated regularly. However, we cannot guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the information shown. Anyone using the website and acting on information published on it does so at their own risk.”
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          What a peculiar organisation that published the report.

“Information published on The Work Foundation website is checked before publication and updated regularly. However, we cannot guarantee the completeness and accuracy of the information shown. Anyone using the website and acting on information published on it does so at their own risk.”
          So in summary... it's bollocks, & probally funded by you through taxes?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I often wonder why this sudden "skills shortage" is coinciding with our recent "improved education system!"

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
              I often wonder why this sudden "skills shortage" is coinciding with our recent "improved education system!"
              When I was working out in the USA I saw a documentary about the American education system the government said the same percentages of students were passing exams. The reporter (Barbara Walters) had a test completed by High School students in Japan, Germany and USA. The Japanese got about 90% Germany next then the American students got only 45%.
              Example of questions what was Chernobyl, USA answer Cher’s real name.

You can’t believe the government statistics.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I had noticed; there's also a preponderance of non caucasians & assorted asylum seekers in our intake... such as it is...
                What course is it?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Computer Systems & Electronics...
                  Ahh sensible stuff

Comment

I bank with HSBC, I will not talk to anyone in the call centre in India it's too much like hard work. Always ask to speak to someone who speaks English.

Comment

Working...
                    X