• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new phase in the Iraq propoganda war

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new phase in the Iraq propoganda war

Some amazing "film posters" taking inspiration from real films and using real images from the war in Iraq.

Link

They look so realistic, the people who designed them must have a pretty good knowledge of films. I wonder if there are any anti-war bodies in the US who might have been involved. Question is, how effective are they likely to be?

I find this quite ironic.

Some of the original movies used, e.g. Behind Enemy Lines, were very pro-US military and are now being used as against themselves, so to speak.

The posters do seem quite polished though - you could be right, perhaps anti-war campaigners are behind them.

Comment

I though this thread was going to be about Alastair Campbell's book
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think its fair enough, this US bunch of clowns took apart a country using the immense destructiveness of stand off weapons with reckless and malicious intent, and started crying once the occupants of said country started shooting back.

and they did it all under the guise of misleading, dishonest and criminally negligent manipulation of information, in short terms, they lied , lied and lied until they simply could not lie anymore.

what's good for the goose, is good for the gander........
        Last edited by barely_pointless; 9 July 2007, 10:46.

Comment

Of course lets not blame the f8cker who f8cked around for 10 years for the outcome should we?

No...that would be too easy...instead lets just indulge our hate for them sons from satan and their dear leader!

Tell me Lord Haw Haw, whens your next broadcast?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Of course lets not blame the f8cker who f8cked around for 10 years for the outcome should we?

No...that would be too easy...instead lets just indulge our hate for them sons from satan and their dear leader!

Mailman
            So when is the "Coalition of the Willing" going into Darfur or Zimbabwe?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy
              So when is the "Coalition of the Willing" going into Darfur or Zimbabwe?
              Dunno, why dont you ask the world community why no one is doing anything about them?

Or would you rather it was them sons of satan going in so you could accuse them of being oppressors and how they are "invading" another country?

Then you could roll out that catch all accusation of "they are doing it for the oil", like they were doing it for the oil in Bosnia and Somalia!

Mailman

Comment

This would have been over quicker if they had used bigger bombs...

Comment

Darfur & Zimbabwe

well let us not forget that the pretence for the Iraq war was WMD's. The 'make life better for the people' argument wasn't even brought up by UK or US governments until about a week before the invasion. That's what's lacking in Darfur and Zim.
                  (it's up to us... http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread18749.html)

But back on thread, let's not assume that in order to have good PhotoShop skills, you need to be Western. The insurgents are living in the 21st century too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman

Mailman
                    You still support the decision to invade Iraq?

I've got no particular hatred for Bush and I like Americans, but surely that has proven to be a stupid decision?

Comment

Working...
                    X