• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harrods

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrods

I have not been there for years. Just visited the place to buy a few bits and pieces for holiday and what a sh**hole it is. Now it may be that it is the summer sale that makes it look like market day in basingstoke, but it feels cheap and yet the prices are so ridiculous.

A panasonic DVD player sale price is reduced from £270 to £245 yet you can buy the same thing for £220 in Peter Jones.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

You get what you pay for - apparently
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      I have not been there for years. Just visited the place to buy a few bits and pieces for holiday and what a sh**hole it is. Now it may be that it is the summer sale that makes it look like market day in basingstoke, but it feels cheap and yet the prices are so ridiculous.

A panasonic DVD player sale price is reduced from £270 to £245 yet you can buy the same thing for £220 in Peter Jones.
      Fayed has to pay for all those Diana court cases somehow lol
      John Lewis has different priorities

Comment

The Egyptian grocer has to pay the rates somehow.

Comment

Was the tasteful montage of Diana and Dodi still in the basement?

Comment

Shame to hear this as I loved going to Harrod's when I used to do my Xmas shopping in The Smoke.

The Di/Dodi thing was macabre tho'...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I went in once to try and find some decent underwear...couldn't find anything so left. Didn't look at any of the other floors at all. Have never been back.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Peter Jones won't give you a Harrods bag though will they.

Comment

I go there reasonably often, but all I ever end up buying is poultry from the food hall, cigars and (occasionally) ties. It always takes 5 times longer than it should because of the crap signage.

Comment

My wife insists on one of their overpriced teddys each year. I have checked them out on ebay and each one is worth a fraction of what I originally paid. These are strictly limited edition things - limited to the number of suckers who actually want the useless bloody things.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X