• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scenario...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenario...

Been supporting (yes answering the phones) certain apps on this contract.

They have said they will extend me, only if i deliver set objectives of project managing and delivering transfer documents to another supplier.

It seems to put me in an odd position, (i guess a valuable lesson to budding contractors) that ive got an extension to basically hand-over my duties and job to someone else.....

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by el duder
    Been supporting (yes answering the phones) certain apps on this contract.

They have said they will extend me, only if i deliver set objectives of project managing and delivering transfer documents to another supplier.

It seems to put me in an odd position, (i guess a valuable lesson to budding contractors) that ive got an extension to basically hand-over my duties and job to someone else.....

Any thoughts?
    I did a similer gig with the worlds largest Oil Company in L3 Server support, it lasted 24 months. moving the support to a country within Europe. A Gigs a gig...
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

easy money? NOthing last forever.... 6 months doesn't always mean 2 years!
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        I did a similer gig with the worlds largest Oil Company in L3 Server support, it lasted 24 months. moving the support to a country within Europe. A Gigs a gig...

Yeah, i think i need to change my attitude on this one. I just dont like my manager shes a narcissist.

Comment

PS you're such a moaner duder... do you think contracting isn't really for you?

Have you thought about something where your neurosis might be better served!
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
            PS you're such a moaner duder... do you think contracting isn't really for you?

Have you thought about something where your neurosis might be better served!
            feck off.

i need an outlet. so i do it on here. nowt wrong with that.

contractor for 5 years and still going mate.

Comment

Just have a sprite!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                Just have a sprite!

good lad. well remembered.

some people forget that im one of the old school on here. been round for alot longer than some of the green eared, moles on here.

Comment

some people forget that im one of the old school on here. been round for alot longer than some of the green eared, moles on here.

Come now El Duder you you remember the previous incarnation of these boards???

Comment

and you're skin hasn't thickened at all in that time...

Comment

Working...
                    X