• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it just me of are Virgin Media worse than NTL?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

I have 20mb cable ADSL and it is sooooo slow. £40/month for dial up speeds.

Who would have thought that any company could be worse than NTL

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    I have to put them in the "maybe slightly better" category but certainly no better than that.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The QOS stayed the same since Telewest became Virgin.

Only difference I've noticed is they've started charging more for the same service...
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've ditched my Virgin Broadband along with TV and phone becuase of:

Bearded tw@t
        Loss of Sky One
        Bearded twat whining about Sky
        Having to dial an 0845 / 0870 (I forget which) phone no. to sort anyhting out and being left on hold while they collect my money by the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg
          I've ditched my Virgin Broadband along with TV and phone becuase of:

Bearded tw@t
          Loss of Sky One
          Bearded twat whining about Sky
          Having to dial an 0845 / 0870 (I forget which) phone no. to sort anyhting out and being left on hold while they collect my money by the minute.
          How about things like on demand TV that used to be part of the package (with Telewest/NTL) now costing an extra £5 a month?

I know it’s only a fiver but it’s the principle that gets me. What’s worse is that when I phoned and asked them about it they tried to make me feel ignorant about the fact that it wasn’t them but Telewest who apparently instigated that change – which is 100% false.

W*nkers

Only reason I’m still with them is because they are the only cable provider and I won’t go back to DSL when I have the option for cable.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
          X