• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Used DO$H for accounting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Used DO$H for accounting?

Is there anyone out there who has used DO$H (owned by MYOB) as an accounting tool.

I'm a typical one Ltd Co been going 18 mths, 3rd contract. using wife's tax allowance as well as mine. 2 Company Directors, wife is the Co. Sec.
    Wife does the accounts but wants something to store the lot.
    Currently using Excel spreadsheet and accountant but want to justify wife's contribution to the business and the annual interest from business account will pay for the outlay of the software (£134 for both cashbook and payroll)
    Seems to do everything I need, Cashbook handles expense entry and particularly flat rate VAT (not a massive problem to work around but it's for the wife so the easier the better)
    Payroll is IR compliant and payments can be made online, provides payslips, P11, P14, P35, P60 and most if not all required reporting.
    Just wondered if anyone else has looked into this one. Have considered QB but bad press on their own community forum for the payroll product and no flat rate VAT means there's not a lot left.
    Do$h is a little clunky, but I reckon if I set it up for her indoors then all she has to do is data entry.

Cheers.

Why bother? Just to make life more complicated! Just pass it all to your accountant.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf
      Why bother? Just to make life more complicated! Just pass it all to your accountant.
      Waldorf, I acknowledge your comments and given the chance I probably would, but control is in my blood. I need to know what is happening to every penny first, and it justifies in my mind, if not the IR's that my wife is earning her keep.
      Plus my accountant has f/u on a couple of occasions recently so I'm happy with the end of year books and the advice from him.

Cheers.

Comment

i use MYOB BusinessBasics, and it works very well. For Payroll I use the free calculator on the HMRC CD. My accountant set me up with some procedures to follow on how to do basic bookeeping, and so far its worked out very well. Means I can do all the things myself without having to fork out loads for my accountant to do it, and at the end he can double check the figures for me.

Comment

Working...
        X