• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting leads for private business through interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting leads for private business through interviews

I'm thinking about going for interviews with potential clients, and then, whether I take the contract or not, trying to sell staff from my company (staff that I will recruit myself) directly to the client company.

Has this been done before? Is it ethical (probably not, but the agencies are just as bad as me I'm sure), does it work (no), will I get black-listed (yes) will I have to eat humble pie (all the time) and will it make me a profit (hell yes!)

Originally posted by KentPhilip
    I'm thinking about going for interviews with potential clients, and then, whether I take the contract or not, trying to sell staff from my company (staff that I will recruit myself) directly to the client company.

Has this been done before? Is it ethical (probably not, but the agencies are just as bad as me I'm sure), does it work (no), will I get black-listed (yes) will I have to eat humble pie (all the time) and will it make me a profit (hell yes!)
    They will not like you deceiving them in this way. You need a phone monkey with hair gel ("sigh" the good old days eh?) and highly polished shoes with a bit of the banter.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      They will not like you deceiving them in this way. You need a phone monkey with hair gel ("sigh" the good old days eh?) and highly polished shoes with a bit of the banter.
      you applying for the role?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
        you applying for the role?
        I am past it
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          I am past it

we know
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Philip, how are you getting on setting up your new agency?

Comment

You would pretty much have two shows, sh1t show and no show of getting any bodies in to businesses if they have no idea who you are (even less if they think you are a numpty).

Mailman

Comment

Don't knock it, Kent is the future of recruitment - just read his previous posts for signs of gold plated business nous

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                  Philip, how are you getting on setting up your new agency?
                  Well I'm not doing so bad thanks. Its all rather experimental at the moment.

I'm taking voluntary redundancy, but am not finishing work for 2 weeks yet so I have not had much time to do things.

I put an advert in the London Uni careers service for £120 for people with no IT experience. Got 36 applicants.

Then my current employer, who were going to use my new Ltd company's services pulled out. So all wasted.

But not quite as they wanted to hire some analysts directly. They pay 20% of salary to agents, so I said "how about 12% from me?".
                  One of the 36 DID have relevant IT experience, and I brought them in for interview with the client. Didn't get the job.

Then I paid £100 to put an advert for experienced people in Jobserve, and got 13 applicants. One of them was very suited to the role, so he came in for interview, passed that, and will be brought in for a second interview in a couple of days.
                  If he gets the job, and accepts it, then I make commission of £3K. We'll see.

What else? I've set up a crappy website talking about my recruitment services, and advertised it on Google Adwords. Spent £10 for 7 clicks so far. No emails or calls yet.

Also for a laugh put an item up for sale on Ebay. One day of consultancy. Starting bid £0.01

no bids yet...

Comment

Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X