• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another example of the nimbys stopping business growth and jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of the nimbys stopping business growth and jobs

'Grounded: Another victory in battle to curb airport growth',

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/tra...cle2750502.ece

well if the nimbys won't let the UK airports grow I am sure another nation in the European economic region will be willing to take up the slack and become Europe's airport hub

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes

well if the nimbys won't let the UK airports grow I am sure another nation in the European economic region will be willing to take up the slack and become Europe's airport hub

Milan.
    Does Europe need a "hub"? Will it have a "hub"? Do we want it?
    God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

I guess in time one of the European airports will become the biggest for domestic and cargo traffic, UK has the chance to be this, but if the nimbys don't want it and as long as their house prices are rising then who cares about jobs and the future ?

Milan.

Comment

Schipol?

Comment

of Frankfurt I guess ?

as long as house prices rise who needs forward looking industries and jobs ?

Not In My Back Yard

Milan.

Comment

It's only Manchester - they might as well knock down the whole home of mugging to expand the airport.

However if they try to expand Heathrow I'll be there in my tent protesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
              It's only Manchester - they might as well knock down the whole home of mugging to expand the airport.

However if they try to expand Heathrow I'll be there in my tent protesting.
              But they are expanding it, aren't they? Is T5 open yet?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

Milan.
                You're behind the times, milan. It's all for reducing air traffic now, on account of the environment.

Not sure what you mean by "Europe's airport hub"...

Comment

Wendi,

what I mean by Europe's airport hub is...

ok, sea ports, europe has many busy sea ports, but which is the biggest ?

Rotterdam ? Hamburg ?

the same will happen for airports and passengers and air cargo

it will happen that one of the airports in europe will become the biggest and a hub from which further distribution to other european destinations is completed

Britain has the chance to be the biggest

but feck it, house prices are rising, who needs potential future industry and all of its spin offs ? as long as house prices are rising who needs future employment opportunities ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    But they are expanding it, aren't they? Is T5 open yet?
                    Not yet - flew over it yesterday. Building looks finished from above, but outside areas (jetways etc) aren't anywhere close.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X