• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPODs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPODs

Ok, crap question.

I want to get an Ipod for the wife - needs to store about 1000 tracks + photo's and videos if possible.

what model / spec do I need.

also eBay seems to have millions - I don't want chinese crap so is the best place to buy via the Apple On-line store ?

Cheers
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Bought my daughter a 4Gb iPod mini from Argos. Holds up to 1,000 songs (roughly - although the total capacity of the iPod is 4Gb, some of that is taken up with system software).

If you want 1,000 songs PLUS photos PLUS videos, you'll need more than 4Gb.

Comment

do they all have the ability to hold & display photos & videos ?

I guess i could compromise with the amount of video...

Comment

Does it have to be an iPod? iRiver and Zen (amongst others) do some pretty good competing products.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
          do they all have the ability to hold & display photos & videos ?
          I don't think so. I think you have to make sure the iPod sotware is of a high enough version to be able to cater for vids. Try the apple web site for a more definitive answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
            Does it have to be an iPod? iRiver and Zen (amongst others) do some pretty good competing products.
            it's for the wife, she wants an apple iPOD - anything less she will think I've got it down the market of off a geezer in a pub

Comment

Why not surf around online. I see that purelygadgets will do a iPod 80GB for £210 - which ain't bad.

Its written on the Apple website approximately how many videos, song and photos that can hold. But It should hold up to 20,000 songs!
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Get it from the apple website. You can get it engraved as well for that personal touch. (and you won’t look like you bought it off the back of a van!)

You know what ever spec you will get she won’t use it to the full capacity. If you want video you won’t be able to use a Nano, an Ipod 30GB will be the smallest you can go for.

30Gb 7,500 Songs
                2.5-inch color display
                136 g
                61,8 x 103,5 x 11 mm
                Ready to ship: 24hrs
                £179.00
                (£152.34 ex VAT)
                "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

And don't forget, it goes thru the business as a portable data storage device

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony
                    Get it from the apple website. You can get it engraved as well for that personal touch. (and you won’t look like you bought it off the back of a van!)

You know what ever spec you will get she won’t use it to the full capacity. If you want video you won’t be able to use a Nano, an Ipod 30GB will be the smallest you can go for.

30Gb 7,500 Songs
                    2.5-inch color display
                    136 g
                    61,8 x 103,5 x 11 mm
                    Ready to ship: 24hrs
                    £179.00
                    (£152.34 ex VAT)
                    Or save about £30 from Amazon.

BTW, I believe PurelyGadgets imports his stuff from the far east.

Comment

Working...
                    X